Whether this is your first attempt at either the 20k/half marathon/5k or you are a seasoned veteran, this 10-week program will offer you training like you’ve never experienced before. The last 2 years have been a tremendous success and we are honored to serving once again.
Each week, Coach John Raneri will bring new concepts and techniques to make your race the best event possible for you. The endurance you’ll gain from our training will prepare you for all of the elements that an early Fall race brings.
From learning to pace the start of the race to knowing how to battle through the rolling hills at mile 10 you’ll have a race plan to ensure success. You’ll learn how to adjust your game plan given heat and humidity or any weather that might come our way!
You’ll be able to stand on the starting line with a whole new level of confidence in your ability to run faster than ever before!
Meet the Coaches
Born and raised here in Connecticut, Coach John is honored to lead this year’s program. He’s a veteran of the New Haven Road Race and has finished in the top 20 the last 2 years!
John was a standout in high school in his days at Fairfield Prep. A state Champion, John went on to represent Connecticut at the highest levels of competition at the Footlocker National Championships. From there he competed at the University of North Carolina and earned his way, once again, to running at the NCAA National Championships.
Proven to be one of the finest athletes in the nation, John also competed in the Olympic Trials for the Marathon in 2016 and aims to make his way back for the second time in 2020!
With McKirdy Trained, John has helped countless athletes achieve success they never thought possible. His responsiveness and attention to detail are hard to match and he makes an incredible fit for the athletes he serves.
James is honored to own McKirdy Trained and has been a leader in the coaching and running community for over 18 years. He has coached hundreds of athletes to personal bests and is currently the coach to athletes at all levels, ranging from Olympic Trials Qualifiers, Team USA Members, busy professionals, and even brand new runners. He has been a positive influence and advocate to many and has helped athletes around the country realize their true potential.
What you get by signing up:
- Each athlete will receive his/her own online training calendar. Based on current ability, we will guide your training and focus on different aspects of your fitness – this will culminate in reaching your best performance on race day.
- Tuesday’s at 6pm with the New Haven Road Race – Complimentary to the training this fun run is a great way to meet up with athletes of all ability. All are welcome and encouraged to come – so bring friends!!
mActivity Fitness Center – 285 Nicoll St, New Haven
- Wednesday Night Speed Sessions – 6pm @ Hamden High School
Our coached speed sessions (weather permitting) are your opportunities to get face-to-face time with your coach. This is where we will guide you and be able to provide a hands-on approach to your training. The structure of this program allows for remote coaching so even if you can’t make our coached sessions, you will be able to complete the training on your own – OUR FIRST SESSION WILL BE JULY 5TH!
- Weekly newsletters that will inform, motivate and help guide your week with new ideas to think about!
Here’s how it works:
- Register by clicking below
- Fill out the questionnaire that follows
- We will invite you to our system via email
- We take care of the rest!